Are you aged between 11 and 24? We have some great activities going on to help our local environment, and to provide you with new skills, knowledge and experience. For example..
- Bushcraft – foraging, tracking, wild food, shelter building
- Tools / craft – whittling, woodwork (saws, drills), making bird boxes, planters, bat boxes
- Creative – recycling to reduce waste and create useful, decorative items
- Nature – identifying plants and animals, understanding threats to nature, creating wildlife zones
- Campaigns – help to encourage residents, developers/builders, businesses, to be wildlife friendly and protect or improve our environment
- Visits – we go near and far to learn more about the environment, widen our experiences, meet young people on other projects, and have fun!
Youth in Nature activities include:
- Engaging young people to protect wildlife and improve their environment.
- Learning outdoor skills.
- Creating a wildlife corridor and wildlife zones to safeguard and encourage our animals, birds and plants.
- Campaigns and projects for environmental impacts that will benefit the whole community.
Across Hull Youth in Nature will:
- Develop young people as environmental leaders in their communities.
- Help young people gain skills, knowledge and experience of the environment.
- Improve health and wellbeing for young people through active, outdoor activities and their engagement with the natural environment.